The new season is upon as and I’ve updated the paintschemes of my cars for 2009. Just the road series cars have been changed, from the purple & yellow of 2008 to a black & amber for 2009.
I’ve also bought the Impala SS, the top tier stock car in the iRacing stable. I’ve had a handful of practice sessions and one fun race in it and I am extremely impressed!
This season I am going to be concentrating on the Star Mazda series first and foremost, but also trying to make a strong showing in the Chevy Silverado series on the oval side.
The Mazda will be difficult – the car has a variety of advanced setup parameters and it’ll take more time than ever before to get a really well matched setup. Same thing with the trucks really, in order to do it justice I need to be able to develop my own setups to make it fulfilling.
One big change for 2009 is that I think I am going to go back to the ‘one race and done’ approach to each racing week. I think I enjoyed doing that for the Solstice season more than I enjoyed the ‘multiple races per week’ approach of the Skippy season.
My goals for this upcoming season are :
- Finish Mazda series with more than 800 points
- Get a win in the Mazda
- Compete in at least eight racing weeks with the Silverado truck
- Lead at least a single lap in the oval discipline (it STILL eludes me!)
- Achieve a B 4.99 rating in both road and oval disciplines
- Have an ‘incident per race’ stat of less than 2.0
- Finish the season with an iRating above 3000
A lot of goals there – the hardest one will be the ‘inc per race’ stat. The Mazda races are longer so more chance to mess up!